Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Compliance Advisor I - AML Reporting & Exam Management for our San Antonio, TX, Tampa, FL (Crosstown) facility or Remote.
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Advisor I is a position within the Enterprise AML Governance team which supports the priorities established by the Enterprise AML and Sanctions Compliance Officer. The Compliance Advisor I position will report to the Executive Director Enterprise AML Compliance Governance, and will work under the daily direction of a Senior Reporting and Exam Manager to construct & produce scheduled or ad hoc Enterprise AML Program activity and performance documentation and manage a portfolio of structured deliverables (quantitative and qualitative information and content) that our internal audit, regulators and senior executives within Compliance and the businesses rely on to guide USAA s Enterprise AML and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Program and address key issues facing our industry, members and our businesses.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Enterprise AML leadership team, AML Compliance colleagues and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) (e.g., data and analytics, investigations, compliance testing, business advisors), as well as functional colleagues in other areas of compliance and oversight (e.g., fraud, internal audit, regulatory affairs). USAA is looking for a Compliance Advisor I to be part of a dynamic AML compliance environment committed to contributing to an Enterprise-wide AML program through collaboration and team partnerships.
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact.
- Completes accurate risk assessments, develops recommendations and coordinates with appropriate counsel.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Utilizes strong leadership skills in interacting with counsel, customers or team members.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s), and provides information to the business or project teams.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Provides industry knowledge and/or skills expertise for work assignments.
- Identifies outstanding compliance issues and oversees proper implementation of business requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how own area links to other key areas of the company and identifies new ways of doing business.
- Monitors and assures compliance with regulatory requirements reporting and maintains relationships with regulatory agencies as directed.
- Coordinate and responds to regulatory requirements and requests.
- Conducts compliance assessments through self assessment program and examinations.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more or more years of AML audit/risk management/regulatory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4+ years BSA/AML focused regulatory compliance experience with 2+ years of traditional governance activity, chartered committee or large executive forum management experience, experience writing risk and status reports, organizing document archives, coordinating and reviewing sensitive content from multiple sources.
- Proven experience documenting and organizing a wide variety of information, qualitative and quantitative data cleanly and timely into simple presentation formats.
- Proven experience managing materials and processes that serve as the foundation for executive, peer and functional partner forums.
- Experience working with internal audit, compliance monitoring or testing, or issues management leads to compile and consolidate a clean view of or response to investigations that may cover multiple topics.
- Experience working with SharePoint, Box, MetricStream, Salesforce or similar risk management systems or content management databases.
- Ability to produce, draft and distribute reports and presentation materials under routine, non-negotiable deadlines and timelines for use in multiple chartered governance committees and workgroup forums across the USAA Enterprise.
- Ability to establish and maintain close, productive relationships with SMEs within the AML organization, USAA businesses and partner functions who provide the data and information utilized in reporting materials.
- Ability to serve as a high-quality reviewer of data and content provided by others before delivery to executives and regulators.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to proactively manage and organize a secure, central repository of past meeting materials, recorded minutes, committee charters and other reportable items that may be the subject of regulator or audit examination requests.
- Communicate to and train AML Compliance partners, colleagues and other stakeholders on the Enterprise AML reporting governance process, as needed.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/14/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: art director, chief, co producer, editor in chief, executive, floor manager, manager, president, showrunner, vice president