You will love working in our new, state of the art center located at 16035 Lexington Blvd in Sugar Land, Texas. As a Dialysis Nurse, you will provide safe, effective and compassionate care to your patients undergoing hemodialysis treatment.
The Dialysis Nurse provides patient care according to the prescribed treatment plan; participates and documents the progress within each patient's plan of care; provides and ensures effective implementation of ongoing education; and reports appropriately regarding individual and unit processes. The Dialysis Nurse has direct responsibility to ensure that all care performed and tasks delegated are provided in accordance with this clinic's policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Applies assessment, planning, implementation/intervention and evaluation to meet individual patient and facility needs. Follows all patient specific and facility level policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs set up of hemodialysis equipment and initiates, monitors and discontinues dialysis treatments according to regulatory standards. Monitors patient vital signs before, during and after treatment. Intervenes in situations that are non-routine or at-risk, ensuring that the treatments are delivered as prescribed.
- Documents all pertinent facility and patient data, assessments, plan of care and evaluations in medical record according to policy and procedure.
- Applies principles of pharmacology to the prescribed plan of care for patients. Accurately and efficiently inventories, prepares, administers and documents all prescribed medications. Ensures that all medication processes are in compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and statutes.
- Demonstrates effective delegation and supervision of clinical environment. Delegates duties in accordance with state regulatory requirements. Provides accurate and timely patient data to associate in charge to ensure safety of patient and environment.
- Assesses the health educational needs of patients/families and provides instruction with emphasis on health maintenance, disease prevention, and self-care concepts. Mobilizes appropriate resources to best meet those needs. Serves as an educational resource.
Associated topics: asn, care, infusion, intensive care, maternal, nurse, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, transitional