If you thrive on closing the deal and building relationships, this is where you belong. We bring to the table the latest solutions and innovations for businesses and consumers the world over. There is nothing standing between you and big results (and even bigger rewards).
The Principal Architect provides in depth consulting services by designing and developing the IT architecture and implementation plans of total systems solutions for the customer. Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops solutions that assist customers in managing major business processes in their overall enterprise structure.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of one or more industries, trends, and solutions.
- Collaborates and confers with the customer in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical system solutions.
- Directly assists customers in the development of fully integrated systems including processors, peripherals, communications, operating systems, and applications software.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in hardware capabilities, software requirements, and systems integration.
- Determines the availability and viability of third party components and services as needed.
- Validates third party components comply with established architecture.
- Develops and design specifications for products and technologies.
- Designs quality control and test procedures to ensure the deliverables meet established design and performance goals.
- Validates design proposals meet the customer's needs. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates alternative design solutions.
- Approves integrated systems design proposals for technical content.
- Establishes cost and time estimates for implementation.
- Monitors the implementation for technical correctness to ensure the customer needs are met.
Duties directly related to making sales includes:
- Creates recommendations and implements new methods, techniques, and/or procedures.
with customers and engaging in sales activities at the customer's site;
communicating with customers via phone, teleconference, e-mail, etc.
related to proposed solutions/sales, etc.; traveling to and from the
customers premise for the purpose of engaging in sales activities;
providing subject matter expertise regarding technical issues relating
to sales; advising customers on suitability of products based on
technical needs; preparing proposals, presentations, or bids, including
developing pricing, developing strategic plans related to the customer
and the proposed solutions/sales; researching and developing customer
solutions with AT&T external partners, including design and
engineering; and researching customer business and industry to identify
new sales opportunities.Education:
Bachelors degree's is not required but a Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.Experience:
Twelve plus years of direct work experience. Supervisory
Associated topics: c, c/c++, design pattern, java, lead, perl, php, programming, senior software developer, senior software engineer